up all night
I'M HAVING TROUBLE SLEEPING... and that is an understatement. I woke up at 2:30am, but I guess in all fairness I have to admit that I went to sleep at 4pm. Woke up in between at 9pm, thought heavily about going downstairs to eat something, but decided bed sounded like a better deal.
It's so strange being wide awake when the world around you is sleeping. First of all, there is absolutely nothing in TV. Second of all, there is next to no one online. At least no sane person in my time zone. So the next best thing to wile away the time - until the world wakes up - is to blog. So here I am.
I'm feeling a little bad because I really wanted to see my friends tonight but I just couldn't stay awake past 4pm. It would be really nice to see them and just hang out, get my mind back into "home" mode and get caught up on their lives from the past 3 weeks. But hopefully there will be time for that this weekend.
I have been living my life for the past 36 hours mainly out of my bed. Either sleeping or wasting time on the laptop. There is even a load of laundry that has been sitting in the washing machine for the past 16 hours. How lazy am I.
So back to this being awake when the world around me isn't thing... It really feels quite strange. I look out the window and I can hardly see a thing, only distant outdoor houselights. Its pin drop silence and one would think the world is so quiet, so safe. We could only wish. In just a few hours life outside will be bustling again. Engines will start, phones will ring, TVs and stereos will blare. You see, it is one of the biggest differences between India and here. Well in particular India and Ohio... Here it is silent at night, not a thing can be heard apart from the occassional faint horn of a train or the heat switching on or off. In India it is a completely different story. At all hours sirens blare, motorcycle engines rev, drunk men scream and shout, and of course during the Christmas holidays carolers get into prime time around 3am. There is never a dull moment.


1 comment:
I wondered why you were posting on blogs at 5 AM!! Haha...i hope the jet lag goes away soon :)
Post a Comment