best part of the day
What is the best part of your day?
Lately I have seen all hours of the day. In the past 5 days I have been awake to face the world at least once for every hour of the day and night. And in the past 5 days I've been trying to determine what is the best part of the day for me.
Different times of day (or night) bring up different feelings in me. Of course there is nothing fun about being awake at 4am in total silence and solitude. That time of the day is almost depressing for the sole reason that there is no one to whom I could turn. With the rise of the sun, around 8am, comes an almost rejuvenated spirit in the prospects of the day. There is a full agenda and much to be done. Whether or not it all gets done is another matter, but I am mentally equipped to do it all. Yet, I think it is not until after sunset, those first few hours of the night that bring out the best in me. Primetime is in fact my prime time. It is one of the only times of the day where I am so awake and so ready to take on what lies before me. It is the time when I can say I have accomplished all that I had intended to today and now is my time to enjoy. It is that time when I get to interact with the people in my daily life that matter. I'll get a phone call from family or friends. I will go to the den and joke with my mom. I will go to dinner or just hang out with my closest friends. Each of these things gives me the feeling that I'm not alone in the world...and I can tackle anything. So for that reason, it is the best part of my day.
For most of us, our days are so routine and possibly even quite monotonous. What part of your day brings out the best in you? What part of your day makes you the happiest?


No comments:
Post a Comment