"Life happens when you are busy making other plans." -John Lennon

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I'd give today a 4.5

Yes, today was a slightly less than ok day. Optimistic me says the day is not yet over. Pessimistic me, and by far the cooler me, says the day cannot be saved at this point.
It all stems from the fact that I have a growing disdain for many of my professors. I know teachers should be respected and I do respect them. But respect and understanding are two very different things when it comes to professors, especially at a graduate level. There is my marketing professor whose sarcasm and pettiness causes nothing but tension and frustration amongst the majority of his students. Then there is my international finance professor. This guy is a trip. The material in this class might as well be written in some tribal aboriginal language...it's that hard. It doesn't help that this guy comes in to class everyday, shares some story about walking barefoot into Switzerland, tells us how he drank potato vodka in the Ukraine, then rants about how he has no idea who Katie Couric is. The fact that I even have a clue as to what interest rate arbitrage is proves that I got skillz. And it is no thanks to the professor.
So basically I just had a frustrating day. There is so much busy work to do between now and Christmas and it seems as if it's all starting to weigh down now all at once. I have a presentation to give tomorrow on a topic that I could not be any less informed about. Since the professor in that class likes the sound of his own voice I am hoping I'll get off the hook. Keep your fingers crossed.
In other news, I applied for a job with AC Nielsen at their Cincinnati office today. It's in market research, right up the alley I want to be in, so hopefully it pans out. We'll see. Keep your other fingers crossed.

Oh and I made a killer gaucamole for dinner tonight. That makes me kinda happy.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cincinnati? My fingers and toes are crossed.

Anonymous said...

Yes! Move down here fast!!!

jmjana said...

ok so here was the convo:

me: wait, who's rachel from lima?
sarah: hehe...that was me

in the midst of me asking the question i realize OHHHHHHHH
RACHELLLLLLLL MY duet partner

and sarah still feels the need to say it wasn't REALLY rachel, but her that wrote that comment

I LOVE my life
am get your butt here. NOW!!! me you and sarah can all live together

jmjana said...

disclaimer
its ok if you dont want to live with me. we can still be friends.
PEACE in DA MIDDA

jmjana said...

i dare you

jmjana said...

i started it

jmjana said...

dang biotch
we are blowing this blog up

Anonymous said...

i can NEVER live with JANA.

jmjana said...

i have emphysema

i want norm in my bed

jmjana said...

especially when he sings hot country
man he is HOTT


watch out for his wife....she wants sarah

jmjana said...

where the HECK did we go??????

really?

jmjana said...

ok i think im done

Anonymous said...

it's sad when one person leaves seven comments on someone's blog....uh, too much time on her hands? Jana there are AA classess for computer geeks if you need some help or support with your blog addiction

jmjana said...

add s add s addddddddd s

jmjana said...

am. you know you just laughed your butt off at this. so dont start whining about a blog blow up

where are you????????