I think I can I think I can
Today has been a mix of feelings, emotions, ups and downs...
It all started with me driving to class this morning. As I drove down the streets I couldn't help but notice a handful of people with sheer sadness on their faces. It is anything but cold out these days so there definitely were not scouring from the cold. So that just got me thinking about people getting stressed out by the holidays and holiday time in general. Then I felt a bit sad. But I got over that as soon as I got to skool and realized I had way too much to do.
I sat down at the computer in the finance lab and felt I was in way over my head. I have this report due on international portfolio investments. Let's just say before today I couldn't even remember how to sum two cells in Excel and now I can get the standard deviation and correlations of 6 months worth of daily data on world and emerging markets, analyze the data, and graph it into scatter plots...all in Excel. Hats off to me. My inner voice was cheering for me all afternoon ;)
Then I came home and realized I have way too much to do in the next two weeks. Presentations, reports, research papers, exams...and...wait for it...packing! That's right folks...I'm leaving on a jet plane headed for the Eurozone. I am leaving for Germany in 17 days and I could not be more excited. It will be the first time I travel to Europe on my own, so I'm eager and a bit trepidacious at the same time. I hear Germany is absolutely amazing at Christmas time. They have huge Christmas markets in every town each night...




So, along with getting to see my favorite German (apart from the German my sister will eventually marry ;) ), I'm ready to see the country with my own eyes.
Then of course I'll be headed to India to spend New Year's with my aunts, uncles, and cousins. I'm going on a pilgrimage to a temple this time. How's that for holy?!
Ok I think I am rambling enough at this point. Just know that I am excited beyond belief to go to Germany and then to India in less than 3 weeks. And that I'll be slaving my way through school until then.


No comments:
Post a Comment