"Life happens when you are busy making other plans." -John Lennon

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Undergrads

I'm sitting here in the million dollar trading lab, just wasting time before class. What is the million dollar trading lab you ask? Basically it is a small room on the second floor of the business building, tucked away just enough so that most undergrads are too intimidated to enter. There are only a handful of computers but each one has two screens...oh that's right...two screens...Sex and the City style. Remember "the Russian" from SATC who had this monsterous computer Carrie was freaked out to work on? Oh yeah, its like that. So I like coming up here to work a little, chat a little, blog a little, and mostly avoid the undergrads. Is it just me or did you start to become very glad you were no longer an undergrad after you graduated? I mean it's like being an undergraduate in college requires having an entirely different mentality than everyone else in this world. Undergrads seem to be all about...
A) how much they are going to drink tonight, tomorrow, and this weekend
B) how early before the football game they will commence "pre-gaming"
C) how hot the guy/girl sitting to the right of them in accounting class is
D) how not so hot the guy/girl sitting to the left of them in accounting class is
E) how "like" wasted "and stuff" they were Friday night

First of all, I was never quite like any of that in college, so maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. But for some reason, and most of my friends who have pursued higher studies will agree with me, I find being around undergrads nowadays to be particularly bothersome. Of course there are some exceptions, but most of the time I find myself retreating up here to the trading lab. It's best to keep my distance and not get caught up in the drama of undergraduate life.
So what's your take on undergrads? Am I alone here?

1 comment:

Liz said...

I loved undergrad, but I l don't want to go back! And so it's not cool to say "i was soooo waaaaaasted" anymore? too bad... :)