Deep Thoughts government style
Recently I have had a lot of reasons to question our government. Most of us feel as if we are not directly affected by the decisions the President or even Congress makes on a daily basis. To an extent we are not affected, or at least we don't see it or notice it everyday. I remember my college roommate Sarah's dad once said something to the effect of...as long as I have my orange juice and my garbage is getting picked up I'm not worried about what they do up in Washington. Wise words I must say, but lately its seems much more complicated than just breakfast beverages and trash.
Here I pose just a few questions and thoughts:
If pro is the oppposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?
The President's salary is well above $100,000. A fairly nice living for most Americans. Yet, our taxes pay for every single want and need he has. Lavish state dinners, trips up to Camp David, new silk tie for the State of the Union, etc.
Military body armor would cost too much in terms of defense spending. Yet, $100 million was lost last year on unused airline tickets for Dept of Defense officials.
Congress approved $500,000 to go towards the reconstruction of the former home of Abraham Lincoln's neighbor.
Federal prison inmates are accomodated with heated cells, air-conditioning, cable
tv, fitness facilities, and clean clothes daily. (You tell me what's wrong with that.)
Ok so maybe this post is meant to be deeper than it really is, and its not quite fun and hip and exciting. Nevertheless, it's what is on my mind. I think tomorrow I'll aim for funny. Or a little post-Office and Grey's commentary.


2 comments:
YOu are officially linked on my blog!!
Doesn't sound like something old Dave would say, he's psycho Washington man these days. It does however, sound like something I would say...I'm pretty government clueless, but I teach my kids about the three branches-that's the extent.
Post a Comment