"Life happens when you are busy making other plans." -John Lennon

Thursday, March 08, 2007

"Ironic"

So, I was at the grocery store today - my home away from home. By the way, how cool is the international aisle at Meijer?? I'll answer for you: very. I digress.
I was at the grocery store today, stocking up on the essentials, when I found myself contemplating buying a new lottery ticket. From time to time I play a set of numbers I chose based upon family birthdays. Coincidentally, from time to time, those numbers lose. Today, I thought long and hard about playing those numbers again. I was all but standing right at the lotto counter when I told myself that dollar in my pocket could instead buy me a pretty amazing Jamocha shake sometime. So, I didn't get a ticket. I didn't play my numbers tonight. And for that reason, and that reason only, I didn't win $1,500 tonight. All but one of the birthday numbers matched up and I'm not throwing myself through a window right now only because that sixth number didn't match. But hey, at least I can have a Jamocha shake tomorrow...if not 1,500 of them :(

1 comment:

Liz said...

Holy crap! I'd be freaking out :)