“For Reasons Unknown”
So, I haven't been a regular fixture in the blogging world for the past few weeks. Lots of stuff going on…ya know classes, busy work, food, free liquor, TV, all the important things in life. I figured I should at least get a post up here and fill you all in on my life as of late. First off, I think I've successfully avoided the flu bug. Good news there. Apart from a lingering fever and daily headaches I have come out unscathed. I think I am making myself sick over the fact that I am so close to graduating. On the one hand I am so very eager to be done with the stresses of being a student (forever I hope) but on the other hand I'm a bit frightened for what lies ahead. My one fear is that I will have to wake up the day after I graduate and realize I have no where to be, nothing to do. I'd like to have it all figured out right now, but I don't. If you haven't read The Namesake, by Jhumpa Lahiri, read it. It's one of the best books I have ever read. And it's not only because many of the thoughts and premises of the book parallel my own life. Creatively written and rich in emotionally genuine detail, I think it's a book anyone could draw parallels from. Then, after you have read it, go see the movie. That is, if you are lucky enough to live near any of its limited releases. I am not so lucky, but I know it has to be great. The reviews are amazing and the director is even better. So, I can't wait to see this one. And if I haven't convinced you so far, just know that the lead is played by Kumar, of Harold and Kumar fame! J And on a completely unrelated note, is it bad that I can drink 4 grown men under the table?! å


No comments:
Post a Comment