"Life happens when you are busy making other plans." -John Lennon

Sunday, February 25, 2007

"Heavy"

Yesterday was a grueling day. Enough so that I can feel it in every muscle in my body. I spent the entire day lifting and carrying hundreds of pounds of boxes and furniture up and down staircases. At one point I was even in on an unintended recreation of the "Pivot" scene from the fifth season of Friends. Gotta say, not so fun when not on the viewing end. I was helping a friend move into his new apartment and today my body hates me for it. I woke up today feeling like I had been trampled on by ten thousand NASCAR fans on their way to a free Budweiser tent. At the risk of smelling like a walking nursing home in human form, I might just have to layer myself with Tiger balm.
Not to say that yesterday wasn't time well spent. There is something about overexerting yourself for friends or family that is completely gratifying to oneself...at least the way I see it. When I'm doing things for myself, I complain to no end, but when it comes to helping others out I turn into a machine. What is up with that? Sometimes it drives me crazy, but its like I can't help myself.
Whatever it is I'm a little slow and 'a lot' sore today. It took my a very long time to lift a gallon of milk to make a bowl of cereal this morning. Not good, not good at all.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Definitely one of my favorite episodes ever. "PIVOT, PIIVOOOT" .... hope your muscles are feeling better!!