"That's My Story"
If you ever want a glimpse into my life as a first generation Indian American, born to immigrant parents, then go see The Namesake.
It's not a true story and while there are many differences in detail between the story and my life, it is still eerily telling of my life and my family. A lot of people I know will see the similarities and even see some differences, but I am convinced that this movie will shed light on where and how I stand in life, here in the United States. Not only my life but the lives of so many others born to immigrant parents. It's a great movie...one that had my eyes welling up with tears at times, and laughing out loud at others. So, if you've ever wondered what life looks like from my point of view, go see this movie. You'll enjoy it.
It's not a true story and while there are many differences in detail between the story and my life, it is still eerily telling of my life and my family. A lot of people I know will see the similarities and even see some differences, but I am convinced that this movie will shed light on where and how I stand in life, here in the United States. Not only my life but the lives of so many others born to immigrant parents. It's a great movie...one that had my eyes welling up with tears at times, and laughing out loud at others. So, if you've ever wondered what life looks like from my point of view, go see this movie. You'll enjoy it.

3 comments:
Amulya. Hello. Question for you: this book has been on my list of books for a while. I should read it first, right? I usually am that kind of person. Have you read "The God of Small Things" or "Inheritance of Loss" yet? would love love love to talk to you about them sometime. esp. inheritance. ok. adios!
Definitely read the book first. Definitely. As for the other two books, I have started both of them, but yet to finish. They are on deck however, so I will keep you posted, Kristen!
excellent (and i'm saying that in my head the way you do imitating the simpsons.) we need to have email fest when you do read them (or before...but i can't find your address), because i have questions best answered by you...and since we're friends, my hope is that you won't find me too ridiculously ignorant!
Post a Comment