More tragic than the movies
I can't get this out of my head.
This story has been on my mind all day. Actually it's been on my mind for a few days now, ever since I heard about it. I have no connection whatsoever to these people, but I just can't get them out of my head. Up until today there was some hope. Now that's all gone.
I can't help but think that this is one of the most heroic, inspiring, and tragic stories I have heard of in a long, long time. It reminds me of just how fragile life is and just how fast life can spin out of control. Literally one wrong turn can be the beginning of the end.
There is so much to this story that is being told. From a mother nursing her young children to keep them alive in 20 degree weather for over one week to a father courageously venturing off into unknown wilderness to save his family. And yet I'm sure there is so much more to be told. I think this guy was one of a kind, and I think his kids will always be proud of what he did for them.
I don't really know what else there is that can be said about this sequence of events. I'm almost at a loss for words just because it seems so unreal...yet somehow so human.


3 comments:
liz was telling me about this story tonight and i was SO sick over it. its just breaks my heart, but you're right, it gives some sort of hope for humans.
and i miss you.
can you move to cincy?
this story broke my heart. i don't understand things like this...i dont know if I never will...
or seattle?
Post a Comment